Monday, 21 October 2013

My Fitness Regime Day 4 - Short and Sweet

As the title of the blog says, short and sweet today. In view of a few aches and pains in the old legs (and lower back), I did contemplate giving today's exercise a miss. However as it is only Day 4, it did seem a bit of a lame excuse to be saying that I needed a rest already. So instead, I decided to dive in early this morning and get it done with before there was too much time to think about it.

Proved to be a wise move. I was at the gym and out before the day had got underway for most. Thirty minutes on the running machine knocking off 5.5 kms and 5 minutes on the rowing machine : why just 5 minutes? Because I got bored - pure and simple. Then 15 minutes on the weights machines. Done and dusted in a jiffy. The only thing that I can say about the gym clientele today was that I saw a man in the gym wearing  grey T shirt (ok), khaki 3/4 length trousers (ok ish), white trainers (ok) and purple ankle socks (definitely not ok). I am trying to go through the thought process that says,

"Ok, I'm off to the gym so I'll put on inconspicuous T Shirt, fairly inconspicuous trousers, plain white trainers, oh.. and what socks go with all this? I know purple ones!"

Anyway, an under the radar day exercise wise, but I've done what I needed to and zero cigarettes or nicotine substitutes. Must not get complacent, but the non smoking is going fairly smoothly. Beware of the little demon on the shoulder though!

A bit tired this afternoon and evening. I may well restrict the exercise to giving old Bruce the dog a long walk early evening, tomorrow and perhaps a few free weights at home...then again!

Sleep well.


No comments:

Post a Comment