Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Day 6 - Feeling The Benefits

As Day 6 of this self imposed fitness regime draws to a close, it's fair to say that fitting up to an hour a day of exercise into my schedule is happening without my having to think about it or without having to plan it too meticulously. True, my work schedule is much more flexible than it has been for some time and it should stay so until the end of November. However what I am looking to achieve is to make exercise such an integral part of my life that no matter how busy my days are, I will always find time to do at least 30/40 minutes worth of exercise a day. What I am also rediscovering is the beauty of running. As long as I have a pair of trainers, shorts and a running vest, I can always find time to run. There is no excuse for not being able to get out apart from if illness or injury strikes. Smoking must have taken up a good deal more of my day than 30 minutes and that time has now been freed up! (No cigarettes or nicotine substitutes for the sixth consecutive day!)

What I can positively say at the end of Day 6 is that I feel immensely better than I did at the start of this regime. Yes, after only 6 days I feel more positive, my lungs feel clearer, I have more energy, I am sleeping better, I am eating well without stuffing my face, I feel cleaner..... and yes, writing this blog is helping to keep me disciplined. I am conscious that it is becoming a little bit predictable ( no cigarettes today, X kms of treadmill/ outdoor running - for the record 7 kms today in 37 mins on a treadmill and then 15 minutes on the weights). However by putting this down in writing, it is keeping me on track - particularly with regard to stopping smoking. I cannot believe how easy it has so far been to have refrained from smoking since last Thursday evening.

My next blog on this will probably be on what will be Day 10 of the 'regime', Sunday 27th October ( assuming that I get that far - one day at a time).... And thanks - because if you are reading this, you are helping me to achieve my goals!

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment